Social Media Tips to Boost Your Small Business
Having a social media presence as a new business is becoming more and more important.
Treat your social media accounts like a free member of staff. If you give them a bit of time and attention, they can do wonders for your business.
Here are 24 quick tips to get social media working for you and for FREE!
- Chose the right platforms. Try and position yourself where your customers and potential customers are most likely to be.
- Don’t stretch yourself too thin. As a small business, 2 social media platforms are a good place to start.
- Be responsive and helpful. Social media can be a strong customer service department.
- It’s a great way to offer advice and value to potential customers.
- Use your social media accounts to ask questions of your customers and be pro-active with the answers. Never be too proud to admit a mistake!
- Be passionate about what you do, what you sell or the services you offer. People will often buy into the ‘why?’ rather than the ‘what?’ of your business.
- Be a memorable and trustworthy brand with your own personality, perspective and opinions.
- Engage and interact with your local community and get involved with local issues.
- Think visual! People interact more with images and video than ever before.
- Create value in your field before expecting anything in return. Don’t go for the hard sell straight away and be prepared to nurture relationships.
- Be determined to stand out and be the best at what you do. Offer a unique proposition and over deliver on your promises.
- Share unique, useful and purposeful content. Identify and provide solutions for pain and pleasure points.
- Mix things up – all your customers will have different likes and dislikes.
- Be consistent with your voice and your message.
- Don’t be afraid to be transparent and reveal the ‘behind the curtain’ culture of your company and your people.
- Engage with other brands and influencers in your field. Mutually beneficial audiences and followers can lead to long and fruitful relationships.
- Remember to optimise for a mobile audience. Smartphone users love quick, snackable and sharable content.
- Don’t be afraid to automate your content if time restraints are too restrictive.
- Take the time to see what works and what doesn’t – remember the good stuff and don’t worry about the bad stuff.
- Attract and excite your audience with local contests, competitions and special offers.
- Link your online and offline promotions for a bigger overall impact.
- Concentrate on initial organic growth before spending money on advertising.
- Make yourself contactable in as many ways as possible from your social media accounts. (email, instant message, telephone, contact form, website)
- Link your accounts to your company website and vice versa.
- Always post with purpose and remember that quality beats quantity every time.
Your business and ultimately your brand will be making its first impression on a lot of people via your social media accounts.
Take the time to give out a strong and consistent message to your followers and your community. This approach will help to provide you with a valuable, long term, advertising and marketing tool for your business.
Learn how to supercharge your local reach with a Google My Business listing. They’re quick and easy to set up too!
Need a professional website that is easy to manage?
Sign up or book a free 30 minute website consultation with one of our team who can demo Pagio Website Builder and answer any questions you have.